03 January 2011

2010 In Review

I wanted to take a little post time to look back on 2010 and realize all the great things that went on.

I have to thank the amazing couples that I got to work with this year first and foremost. Without their choosing Lucas Merrill Photography and letting me and my assistants into their very special day, I wouldn't be able to do what I love for a living.

It means a lot to me to be allowed into such a personal event in two people's lives.

Also this year, I got to experience my wedding to my beautiful wife. A woman without whom I would be unable to do this job. She is a driving force in my life to better myself and my work each day. It was an honor to be able to join my life with hers in front of our best friends and family.

The very real and visual connection between people two people is an amazing thing to document and share. I love making pictures with people at such a passionate time in their lives. Looking back on the images from 2010, I really feel I have taken a very positive step forward in my photography and can only keep working hard to improve more in 2011. There is no such thing as perfection, however it is always good to feel that nagging thought of desire to be better.

This year will be a great time for Lucas Merrill Photography. More happy couples to befriend, more images to be made, and more families to be joined as one.

Thank you all for your support and your kind words over the year. Keep watching for more pictures from happy couples!

--Lucas

No comments: